Difference between revisions of "Join the conference"
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
The Airport is served by taxi mainly cabs and regular shuttles/buses. Some hotels offer complimentary shuttle services to take their guests to and from their hotels. You may as well use uber services in Ghana which is relatively
The Airport is served by taxi mainly cabs and regular shuttles/buses. Some hotels offer complimentary shuttle services to take their guests to and from their hotels. You may as well use uber services in Ghana which is relatively .
Revision as of 18:59, 13 November 2016
Accra is the capital city of Ghana and also the capital of the Greater Accra Region and the largest city in Ghana. It is a mixture of a commercial and an industrial city with most Governmental Agencies and Departments Headquartered as well as most foreign Missions. With an estimated population of about 2.72 million people Accra is highly urbanised and has been the capital of Ghana since 1877 when it was moved from Cape Coast which was formerly the capital city of the Gold Coast under the British rule.
Weather in Accra
The month of January is characterized by essentially constant daily high temperatures, with daily highs around 32°C throughout the month, exceeding 33°C or dropping below 30°C only one day in ten.
The Airport is served by taxi mainly cabs and regular shuttles/buses. Some hotels offer complimentary shuttle services to take their guests to and from their hotels. You may as well use uber services in Ghana which is relatively cheap.
In Ghana the power sockets are of type D and G. The standard voltage is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.
Ghana’s currency is the Ghana Cedis (GH₵; currency code: GHS) Forex bureaus can be found at Kotoka International Airport and at tourist hotspots and Malls throughout Accra.Exchanges at certain forex bureaus may be quite high the Team is trying to get someone who will be at the Hotel Premises to help out. Credit cards and bank cards are accepted in larger chains shops, some restaurants etc but we highly recommend to carry some money in cash though.
Kotoka International Airport is the only international Airport in Accra. It is about 10 kilometers from the Central Business District. The Airport is dubbed the "Gateway to West Africa" and has daily and direct flights to most destinations in Africa, Europe, Asia and America. There are a few local airlines that operate daily flights from the Airport to the domestic Airports in some leading cities of the country and a few operating regional flights. The Airport is currently undergoing a reconstruction and expansion project which seeks to improve the facilities and expand its capacity on completion of the Terminal 2.
Beginning from middle of July, most holders of passports of all African Union Countries will not require a visa but visa will be issued on arrival. Please go to this link if you require a visa to Ghana. If you need a visa to visit Ghana you will have to apply from the Ghana High Commission/Embassy/Consulate in your respective country. The Local Organising Committee (LOC) will however provide you with invitation letters and for scholarship recipients proof of accommodation and travel arrangements made on your behalf. If you will require a visa please state so in your application. Find below requirements for Visa Application:
- Passport Requirements: Original, signed passport valid for 6 months beyond stay in Ghana, with at least one blank passport page available for Ghana visa stamp. Amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for a Ghana visa.
- Ghana Visa Application Form: Two Ghana visa application forms. After placing your order, fill out the application form included in your Visa Application Kit.
- Photo Requirements: Two recent 2 x 2 passport type photographs, in color, front view and with a plain/white background. Affix one photograph to each Ghana visa application in the upper right hand corner by staple or glue. OR - you can upload a passport photo when you place your order, instead of providing physical passport photos.
- Letter Of Invitation from Ghana: A letter of invitation from sponsor (either host company or individual) explaining the relationship to the applicant and the purpose of travel to Ghana. In addition, the letter must indicate the length of stay, place of stay, (including full residential address and telephone number), and contact information. A copy of the hosts Passport must be included, and residency permit if not a Ghanaian citizen.
- Business Cover Letter: Letter from employer or sponsoring company, on company letterhead, introducing the applicant, indicating the applicant's employment status/position held in the company, and clearly stating the purpose of visit to Ghana. The business letter must also indicate who will be financially responsible for the applicant and must provide detailed contact information in Ghana. The Consulate of Ghana requires an official business letter to support your application. To generate a Ghana Business Cover Letter on-line, simply request this service and provide your information using the simple online form in your Visa Application Kit, which you will receive once you place your order.
- Proof Of Departure: Computer generated flight itinerary from the airline or a travel agency or copy of airline ticket showing entry and departure from Ghana.
- Hotel Confirmation: A hotel confirmation from the hotel manager, signed on hotel letter head, including the name of the traveler and the exact dates of the stay in Ghana.
- Medical Requirements: All persons entering Ghana are required to have a valid certificate of immunization against yellow fever. The vaccination should be made at least 10 days prior to entry, and should be renewed every 10 years.